Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Why Action/ReAction?


Q: Why do you think it is important that actors learn your technique and put it to use?

Stephen: What an actor learns in the six-week course comes from over twenty years of my developing and refining the technique. Those attending the most recent class learned an element of Action/ReAction that was entirely new--no one had ever heard it before--which gave them something even long-time students of mine haven't received.

Perhaps the most important reason to take the course is that you cannot make up time lost in creating your career. It took me ten years from the time I knew I wanted to make films until I finally made my first film in Paris. That's just too long to wait for something that is so important. The most frequent feedback I get from actors about the course is that it is the best class they have ever taken.


http://www.amazon.com/Action-ReAction-innovative-technique-history/dp/1477513051
(Artwork by Tom Gurnee)



No comments:

Post a Comment